Meet Dr. Faktorovich : Awards & Honors
Dr. Faktorovich has been honored with awards and accolades from various institutions in the United States and throughout the world. Her accomplishments make her a leading Lasik surgeon in California.
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, UC Berkeley, 1987
- Alpha Omega Alpha Research Fellowship, UCSF School of Medicine, 1989
- Dean?s Prize for Outstanding Research by a Medical Student, UCSF School of Medicine, 1990
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, UCSF School of Medicine, 1991
- Sadie Berkove Award for the Outstanding Graduate, UCSF School of Medicine, 1992
- American Medical Women?s Association Award for Scholastic Achievement, UCSF School of Medicine,1992
- Asbury Award for Outstanding Research by a Resident, UCSF Department of Ophthalmology, 1995
- Heed Foundation Fellowship Award, 1996-1997
- Heed / Knapp Foundation Fellowship Award, 1997-1998
- Clinical Research Award, Jules Stein Eye Institute UCLA School of Medicine, 1998
- Who's Who in Ophthalmology
- Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance
- Best Doctors in America
While some of us are lucky to have perfect vision throughout our lifetime, many are not. Impairments can be the result of problems in the way our eyes are built or in some cases, changes take place over time.